Weekly Junior Information for 27 November 2016Paddy Sherrard
Training and Fixtures cancelled.
Both Dunfermline and McLaren have confirmed that their pitches are unplayable. I have had a quick pitch inspection of the park and while some of the pitches are thawing in parts to take a stud, others part still remain frozen solid. As it is going to freeze again overnight, we will make an early call to cancel training, so you can enjoy a lie in or go Christmas shopping!
See you next week at Alva Academy!
From next week, we will be in Alva Academy for our training and will aim to use both the indoor facilities as well as the astroturf. We will keep the P3-P5 completely inside, so please dress them in indoor sports kit and trainers – ensuring that they have water and clothes to wrap up in when they leave the rugby session all hot and sweaty! For the P6s upwards, the above applies for any indoor work, but also be prepared to use the astroturf, so tracksuits and boots with no metal studs or trainers will be required.
We aim to keep our skills active over this winter period, but also have the chance to do some strangth and conditioning training for the older kids, as well as measuring their fitness with the infamous ‘beep test’. Mums and Dads are also welcome to give it a go too!!!!
We have been very lucky with the weather this season, but I fear that this luck will not continue throughout the season! If the weather is bad we will make a call at 0900, and in case that we have to cancel a session:
- please check the front page of the Hillfoots website and Facebook for updates
- we will endeavour to send out a similar email to this (but email servers may delay its delivery)
If we are away, we will let you know as soon as the hosting club inform us.
Dates for your Diaries:
- 4 December – P3-P5 Indoor training in Alva Academy; P6 and upwards Indoor training and training on astroturf (no metal studs)
- 11 December – P3-P5 Indoor training in Alva Academy; P6 and upwards Indoor training and training on astroturf (no metal studs)
- 18 December – Training and Christmas Party!
Check the webpage for more detail