Hillfoots RFC Child Protection Policy
Hillfoots RFC is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in its care. It recognises the responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation. For the purposes of this policy and associated procedures a child is someone under the age of 18 years. Staff and volunteers will work together to embrace difference and diversity and respect the rights of children and young people. The policy is based on the following principles:
- The welfare of children is the primary concern.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio-economic status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from all forms of harm and abuse.
- Child protection is everyone’s responsibility.
- Children have the right to express views on all matters which affect them, should they wish to do so.
- Organisations shall work in partnership together with children and parents/carers to promote the welfare, health and development of children.
Hillfoots RFC will:
- Promote the health and welfare of children by providing opportunities to take part in rugby safely.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well-being of children and protect them from abuse.
- Recruit, train, support and supervise its staff, members and volunteers to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children from abuse and to reduce risk to themselves.
- Require staff, members and volunteers to adopt and abide by this Child Protection Policy and these procedures.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of children in line with this Policy and these procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Observe guidelines issued by local Child Protection Committees for the protection of children.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of this Policy and these procedures.
This Policy and these Procedures will be reviewed on an annual basis:
- In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the protection of children or following any changes within Scottish Rugby.
- Following any issues or concerns raised about the protection of children within Scottish Rugby
Signed: Paddy Sherrard Dated: 26 June 2022
Hillfoots RFC Club President
Signed: Peter Norman Dated: 26 June 2022
Hillfoots RFC Child Protection Officer